All ICTA classes are taught in the English language.
The first prerequisite for approval to attend is the strong understanding, both verbal and written knowledge of the English language.
>>> ACT PREREQUISITES <<<
The Advanced Cupping Techniques curriculum is designed for Cupping Therapists who are at the intermediate - experienced level of Cupping competency and who have been actively providing Cupping Therapy in their therapeutic practice for at least 6 months.
The format of this workshop is such that practitioners are hands on within the 1st hour and remain so until the end of the program - either providing or receiving.
With 24 treatments to learn/provide/receive there is not time in the 16 hrs to learn how to do the Cupping - you will be too busy learning new procedures. That being understood, it is vitally important that those attending are ready to follow the program and perform the treatments without delays in learning how to perform proper Cupping Therapy or operate the equipment.
This curriculum builds upon the foundations of the *ICTA Contemporary Cupping Methods and the *EarthSpa Health Traditions Negative Pressure Massage Programs.
Please review the itemized requirements below to ensure that program meets the minimums to attend the ICTA Advanced Cupping Techniques program and then email us with a copy of your document of completion and the program information (link to the CE providers website) you have attended.
Here are the ACT Class Prerequisites:
1) A fluid operational understanding of all the equipment used in class - Baguanfa cups, aspirator bulb cups (Bells and Belletazze), Biomagnetic cups (HACI - original or Decade Edition).
Please follow this link to see the equipment you will need to bring to the workshop. If you do not have these items - this is the link to get what you need to perform the work in class.
2) You need to have attended a minimum 24 hours of Continuing Education Program in Cupping Therapy (this does NOT include online courses or DVD training) where you covered *methods, theory, systems, applications, benefits, contraindications, discoloration of the subdermal surface (it's indicators and pathology), Biomagnetics, safety, sanitation, client education and support.
3) The methods you will be using in lab are *Dynamic Cupping, Massage Cupping, Stationary Cupping, Intermittent Cupping, Biomagnetic Cupping, Facial Cupping and NPMLD Cupping methods
- you MUST have mastered these 7 Cupping methods.
4) A minimum of 6 months clinical hands on application of Cupping Therapy (including the *methods listed in prerequisite #3) is required before taking the Advanced Cupping Techniques workshop.
! PLEASE NOTE ! - *Dynamic Cupping is a term created by the ICTA in 2007 after producing the Baguanfa Cups which enabled our Certified Cupping Educators to introduce an entirely new Cupping Method we devised using these excellent flexible cups.
If you did not learn Dynamic Cupping in an ICTA Program and you are moving the cups while doing your Dynamic Cupping - you are NOT doing Dynamic Cupping. Other Cupping Educators "co-opting" our term, but not doing the actual Dynamic Cupping method are misleading student practitioners.
CUPS ARE STATIONARY DURING DYNAMIC CUPPING TREATMENTS
> Please email us with the documentation that shows you meet these prerequisites.
> If you attended either the ICTA Contemporary Cupping Methods or EarthSpa Health Traditions Negative Pressure Massage Programs- please send us your full name (at the time when you took one of these workshops) and dates of training so we may verify you have the prerequisites listed.
If you have registered and are approved (you have met the prerequisites and have signed the workshop contract to attend) for the Advanced Cupping Techniques workshops and do not have the equipment you'll use (see above link to equipment), let your educator know what equipment you are in need of and they'll arrange to have equipment for you at the workshop so you are prepared to take this training.
BACK TO ADVANCED CUPPING TECHNIQUES
GO TO THE 2 DAY OUTLINE
USE THIS LINK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CONTEMPORARY CUPPING CERTIFICATION PROGRAM THAT COVERS ALL OF THE ABOVE AND MORE